Friday, September 16, 2011

Tomorrow is the Walk!

I've been trying to write a blog post for the past three hours. This time it will finally get done. No distractions or anything.

So, the nifty things for the week.

We began discussing stuff in Anatomy and Physiology class this week. Of course, when we get to homeostasis, I know what's next: blood sugar regulation! So he draws a lovely sine wave and explains it to everyone else in the class, and I give the hormone that my body doesn't make: insulin. I wanted to show off my Dex, but I hadn't eaten anything lately so there wasn't a spike or anything.

Today in AP Stats we conducted an experiment. To my dismay, it involved regular pop. Plain old Coke and Caffeine free Coke; the experiment was to see if caffeine affects pulse rate; it doesn't... At least for this group of high schoolers. I'm pretty sure this is only the second or third time I've had regular pop in a long while [like five years], and possibly the first time I've had regular coke since d'x. I tend to go for Mountain Dew when there's nothing diet, and SWAG the heck out of it. I'm pretty good at that, and it helps that that only happens at school dances and such where there's a good amount of activity.

And for the record, you can taste the lack of caffeine in caffeine free coke. And Coke is disgusting anyway, for someone attuned to Coke Zero, Diet Coke, and Diet Mountain Dew [the best stuff in the world!].

And some other things... The JDRF walk is tomorrow, I will probably have raised about $1,000 for the fourth year in a row (thanks everybody!). I will also be wearing my ren fest garb; it'll be a perfect day for that, as it won't be too hot. I'm looking forward to grilling the Animas guy about the Vibe again, and will let you know how that goes.

I kind of completely ignored Invisible Illness Week... But I think it's a super-important thing and should get to doing the lovely meme sometime.

TOMORROW IS CONSTITUTION DAY!

That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment