Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Today

Update: No pump as of yet. It's at the UPS depot. My mom will be getting it sometime today, although she has been sidetracked by a very unfortunate occurrence.

A car driven by a kid from my school rear-ended a bus from my school this afternoon. The two teens who were in the car were killed, and it's very likely I know them well. [I have 800 kids in my high school... I can put a face to almost every name.] The kids who were in the bus are okay, but obviously there's a horrible mental aspect to deal with; same with the bus driver, who is a very nice lady who I feel very sorry for right now.

I want to know who they are, but at the same time, I don't. Tomorrow won't be a good day, and break will have this cast of despair over it. When we come back, it'll hit us again, realizing that we're two less, and that although we've had more than our fair share of tragedy in the recent years, we're not invulnerable.

You don't know them, but all the same, please keep them in your thoughts and prayers. Mine is a small community, where everyone knows everyone... Thank you. While you're at it, remember your family and give thanks for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment